The CDC recommends that anyone who is not fully vaccinated wait until they have completed their vaccination series before making travel plans.
For those who are fully vaccinated and intend to go out of town, here are some simple steps to follow before departing:
- Assess your risk by visiting the CDC COVID-19 Travel recommendations by destinations page.
- Make a digital copy of your vaccination card (such as taking a photo of your card) or download your digital vaccination record.
- Protect your vaccination card by guarding it in a plastic sleeve (lamination is not recommended at this time in case it is determined that a future booster shot is needed)
- Follow the mask mandates & social distancing requirements of the destination
- Know who to contact if you develop symptoms of COVID-19 while traveling
- Wear a mask while using public transit (planes, buses, trains)
- Self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms upon returning
For those looking to travel outside of the country, it is imperative that you:
- Contact the Office of Foreign Affairs beforehand
- Review country specific travel vaccination requirements and COVID-19 restrictions
- Review airline specific travel restrictions
Note: It is advised to verify that the information on your digital vaccination record matches your physical vaccination card. The process for correcting any errors takes an average of 2 - 3 weeks, therefore, we recommend checking that your information is correct in advance.