On April 17, Marin County Public Health announced a new public health order requiring the use of face coverings when completing essential activities. The new order will go into effect at 12:00p.m., Wednesday, April 22. Everyone is asked to wear a face covering when they are interacting with others who are not members of their household in public and private spaces. Specifically, the order states that people must wear face coverings when:
- Inside public spaces or waiting in line to enter public spaces
- Seeking health care
- Waiting for or riding on mass transit or other shared transportation
- In common areas of buildings, such as hallways, stairways, elevators and parking facilities.
- Workers at businesses physically open and in areas where the public is present, likely to be present, or at any time when others are nearby.
- Workers in any space where food is being prepared and/or packaged for sale.
- Drivers/Operators of public transit.
View COVID-19 Guidance for Masks and Gloves (Updated April 28, 2020)