Effective January 8, 2021
PUBLIC HEALTH ADVISORY
This advisory does not apply to facilities that receive vaccine directly from CDPH.
Marin County Public Health has established a COVID-19 vaccination clinic dedicated to vaccinating healthcare workers, following the U.S. Advisory Council on Immunization Practices (ACIP) and California Department of Public Health (CDPH) prioritization framework.
This advisory provides information for Marin County healthcare facilities to register qualifying staff in CDPH Phase 1a / Tier 2 groups to receive the COVID-19 vaccine at the County’s Point of Dispensing (POD) vaccine clinic.
In December 2020, Marin County Public Health began distributing PfizerBioNTech COVID-19 vaccine and Moderna COVID-19 vaccine to high-risk, prioritized groups. We are now offering vaccine to healthcare workers in CDPH Phase 1a / Tier 2 groups. This includes staff who work in the following facilities or settings: intermediate care facilities; home health care and in-home supportive services, community health workers (including promotoras), public health field staff, primary or urgent care clinics, and substance use treatment facilities.
Marin County Public Health will provide another update when we move to Phase 1a / Tier 3. At that time, specialty clinics and dental clinics will be invited to schedule appointments. This may occur as early as next week, depending on supply. Our goal is to complete vaccinating all Phase 1a groups by the end of January.
Actions Requested of Qualifying Agencies / Organizations / Facilities
- Register your facility at https://forms.gle/eNL1f5Qe8N66FgSH9
- Upon registration, you will receive instructions for qualifying Phase1a (Tier 2) staff to schedule an appointment at the vaccine clinic.
- Retired staff and family of staff are not eligible.
- Instruct staff not to share the registration links.
- If appointments are not available, a waiting list will be offered and staff will be notified when new appointments are available.
- Prepare staff for COVID-19 vaccine. Staff will be scheduled to receive 2 doses of either the Pfizer (21 days apart) or Moderna (28 days apart) vaccine.
- If you have questions, please email COVID19vaccineHCP@marincounty.org.
- Public Health Advisory – Vaccination (December 22, 2020)
- For up-to-date information, visit https://coronavirus.marinhhs.org/vaccine
- Sign up for daily Status Updates at https://coronavirus.marinhhs.org/subscribe
- For healthcare provider information, visit https://coronavirus.marinhhs.org/providers#vaccine
- Pfizer-BioNTech Vaccine
- Moderna Vaccine