ORDER OF THE HEALTH OFFICER OF THE COUNTY OF MARIN RESCINDING THE AUGUST 2, 2021 ORDER OF THE HEALTH OFFICER REQUIRING THE USE OF FACE COVERINGS IN INDOOR PUBLIC SETTINGS
DATE OF ORDER: November 1, 2021
UNDER THE AUTHORITY OF CALIFORNIA HEALTH AND SAFETY CODE SECTIONS 101040, 101085, AND 120175, THE HEALTH OFFICER OF THE COUNTY OF MARIN (“HEALTH OFFICER”) ORDERS:
1. Effective at 12:00 p.m. on November 1, 2021, the August 2, 2021 Order of the Health Officer for the Wearing of Face Coverings in Workplaces and Public Settings is rescinded.
2. Businesses and individuals in the County of Marin must continue to follow the California Department of Public Health’s (“CDPH”) Guidance on the Use of Face Coverings and Cal/OSHA’s COVID-19 Prevention Emergency Temporary Standards, if applicable. Pursuant to the CDPH Guidance, unvaccinated individuals must continue to wear face coverings in indoor public settings and businesses. Additionally, all individuals must continue to wear face coverings in the following settings:
- On public transit and in transportation hubs;
- Indoors in K-12 schools and childcare facilities;
- Emergency shelters and cooling centers;
- Healthcare settings;
- State and local correctional facilities and detention centers;
- Homeless shelters;
- Long term care settings and adult and senior care facilities.
For more information on where and when face coverings are required, please review the CDPH Guidance.
Pursuant to CDPH Guidance, the Public Health Officer recommends that all individuals wear face coverings in indoor public settings.
3. Copies of this Order shall promptly be: (1) made available at the Bulletin Board adjacent to the entrance to the Chambers of the Board of Supervisors, Room 330, Administration Building, and in the display case in the center arch of the Hall of Justice, Marin County Civic Center, San Rafael, California; (2) posted on the County of Marin website (www.marincounty.org) as well as the County of Marin Department of Health and Human Services website (www.marinhhs.org); and (3) provided to any member of the public requesting a copy of this Order.
IT IS SO ORDERED:
Matt Willis MD, MPH
Health Officer of the County of Marin
Dated: November 1, 2021