Effective January 12, 2021
PUBLIC HEALTH ADVISORY
In December 2020, the State of California began distributing Moderna COVID-19 vaccine and Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine to counties to vaccinate healthcare workers, following the U.S. Advisory Council on Immunization Practices (ACIP) and California Department of Public Health (CDPH) prioritization frameworks.
Marin County Public Health and Marin healthcare providers are working in parallel to vaccinate Phase 1a groups. Phase 1a includes persons at risk of exposure to SARSCoV-2 through their work in any role in direct health care or long-term care settings. It also includes residents of skilled nursing facilities, assisted living facilities, and similar long-term care settings for older or medically vulnerable individuals. Through our combined efforts, our goal is to vaccinate all Phase 1a groups by the end of January.
This advisory provides information for Marin County agencies / organizations / facilities / individual providers to ensure qualifying Phase 1a staff receive the COVID19 vaccine. COVID-19 vaccination is open to all healthcare workers (HCWs) in Phase 1A.
Actions Requested of Phase 1a Groups
- Visit Vaccination for Healthcare Workers webpage to schedule a vaccination appointment (non-Kaiser Permanente members who are Phase 1A eligible).
- If you are a Kaiser Permanente member who is Phase 1A eligible, you may book a vaccination appointment by calling 415-444-2940 starting Friday, January 15, 2021.
- Advise staff that they need to provide proof of identity and proof of eligibility to receive the vaccine (e.g., active healthcare worker / employee badge with photo, recent payment stub from Marin-based healthcare provider).
- Prepare staff for COVID-19 vaccine. Staff will be scheduled to receive 2 doses of either the Pfizer (21 days apart) or Moderna (28 days apart) vaccine.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Preparing Staff for COVID-19 Vaccination.
- CDC. What to Expect at Your Appointment to Get Vaccinated for COVID-19.
- Vaccine Recipient Fact Sheets - English | Spanish
5. If you have questions, please email COVID19vaccineHCP@marincounty.org.
- For up-to-date information, visit https://coronavirus.marinhhs.org/vaccine
- Sign up for daily Status Updates at https://coronavirus.marinhhs.org/subscribe
- For healthcare provider information, visit https://coronavirus.marinhhs.org/providers#vaccine
- Pfizer-BioNTech Vaccine
- Moderna Vaccine